Friday, February 22, 2008

#382; In which Hair vexes



Here's something I should remind everyone of: if you use Firefox, and when you mouseover the comics the pop-up text window is truncated or cut off, that's something that can be fixed with either this or this plug-in! I've heard rumors that this annoying bug will be fixed in Firefox 3, but it's been an outstanding issue for years and years that the Firefox dev team seems to at this point be spitefully ignoring because they hate freedom. Anyway these plug-ins will work any image that uses mouseover text, which means that you can also now properly enjoy graphs, excitement, multiculturalism, despair, etc., etc.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks for the Firefox tip! And in light of that, I think it's particularly funny that your alt text is one word this time. :D

3:44 AM  
Blogger Eevee said...

Yes, it's fixed in Firefox 3; I've been running it for months and e.g. #380's tooltip looks fine.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Garrett Williams said...

Hrm, I never knew you use the alt text. I found out rather late that xkcd adds comments in the alt text too. In xkcd, it's occasionally necessary to read the alt text just to get the joke.
Well, I guess I'll have to check out the alt text of the past few strips now, or at least notice it in the future.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Stew said...

like barbara said - really funny this tip is so short but I could only figure that out AFTER i installed the fix! LOL

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home