Friday, January 25, 2008

#374; In which Jousting's Future looks grim



The big news is that my movie Expendable is finally finished, and you can watch it right here. There's also an interview with me about the film here, where I discuss the process a bit. I really am very proud of the film, and to those who've watched it and enjoyed it already, thank you very much for the kind comments. It's been a lengthy labor of love, and I'm indebted to the fine folks who've helped me along the way, including the peerless Kris Straub and Dave Kellett (contributing original music and voice talent, respectively) as well as hardy fans Pete, Badger, Nato, and Annabel, who showed up on set and worked like they were getting paid.

The reason for making a film of this scale and complexity is that my co-writer, Todd, and I are hoping to generate enough interest in the property to make a full, feature-length version. So I'd like to ask that if you've enjoyed Expendable, if you'd please blog about it, or send the link to a friend, or perhaps pick up a DVD in a few weeks when they become available. All these things help the process immensely -- it only takes one single viewing by the right person to set unpredictable wheels in motion.

New Valentine cards are still available, and I'd order sooner rather than later to increase the odds of pre-Feb. 14th delivery.

And, so far we've had quite a few responses to the offer of free Wondermark comics in your school paper! There's details here if you missed the info, and remember, even if you're not on staff at the paper yourself, you can always forward my offer to the editor. (Please be pleasant when you do!) Welcome, new readers in Florida, Arizona, Kentucky, Quebec, Ontario, New York state, Washington state, Irvine, and New Zealand! You probably will not see this message because it is online.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bizarrely, and due, I'm pretty sure, to the inexplicable enthusiasm of a single long-serving state legislator, jousting is actually Maryland's official state sport. Thanks to the recent opening of a Medieval Times theme restaurant in Anne Arundel County, it's now possible to actually watch the state sport in the state for the first time in decades, if not ever.

Josh

7:27 AM  
Blogger Nancy Frye said...

Boys in jousting pants: you bet! If you can get jousters who do 16th century. Those Medieval ones wear such long tunics and such; phooey. I actually work with jousters (I only do light games on horseback, no armor for me, thanks). We have a tilt in our pasture and my husband's armor is prominently displayed in our front room. Your strip made me laugh out loud. My friend Bev (also a jouster) will no doubt get a kick out of it as well (she's the gal in the black fantasy armor on my blog. She also has historical kit, second link). I'll be looking at your film today when I finish my "chores"!

http://nebblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/1st-weekend-wa-renaissance-fantasy.html
http://nebblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/spring-training-continues.html

Neb

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home