Friday, October 26, 2007

#348; In which Concoctions are peddled



Guys I am seriously in love with BookMooch. I had a shelf full of books I couldn't figure out how to get rid of -- you can't sell most books for any worthwhile amount of money, and I couldn't bring myself to throw them away. Within an hour of posting 22 titles on BookMooch, 17 of them were spoken for: requested by strangers, to whom I'll send the books in the mail. In return, I get "points" that I can redeem for other books from other strangers. If this works out, I may never have to buy books again.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mack said...

I use a similar site called Goozex. It's basically the same thing, but with videogames. Which is handy for me because I don't read.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Ubermonkey said...

And I too use a similar site! PaperBackSwap. (Hard-cover is fine too, and audiobooks.) After looking at BookMooch, the two look VERY similar. And hey here's another: FrugalReader. Maybe I'll join all of them!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home