Tuesday, August 07, 2007

#325; In which Poor Baby had a Rough Day



I'm a pilot, and I like airplanes and stuff about airplanes. I worked a bit on the marketing for the movie Flyboys, but despite the fact that they used some cool original and replica World War I biplanes, I just couldn't get into the whole "CGI swooping through the wing-struts" deal. Plus it was a pretty dumb story. So I was pleased to stumble across a movie called Dark Blue World, about Czech pilots who flew for the British during WWII. It has a little corny CGI (as there are very few B-24s still flying), but overall it's a very watchable, very nuanced piece of cinema. I definitely recommend adding it to your Netflix queue or setting your TiVo for the next time it plays on IFC.

Also the Dispatches from Wondermark Manor book goes on sale Friday! As does a new t-shirt!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home