Tuesday, January 30, 2007

#270; In which Giddiness is annoying



For the second year in a row, Wondermark has been nominated for a Web Cartoonist's Choice Award for Best Comedic Comic (in this nerdy world, that phrase is actually not redundant). For the second year in a row, I anticipate losing to Nick Gurewitch's PBF, which is a far superior comic to my own. I don't hold much stock in the WCCAs in general, for various reasons, but it's certainly flattering to be recognized and I'm honored to be mentioned in such fine company.

Said company also includes my friend Kris Straub and his twin ventures Starslip Crisis and HalfPixel.com. As busy as the dude is, he still manages to put out an excellent weekdaily comic strip, as well as the occasional hilarious Flash animation. I wish him and the other nominees the best!

Also, I guess I should mention that if you are yourself a comic creator, you are eligible to vote for the WCCAs. It's like being a member of the Academy, except that your only qualification is that you have enough free time and interest to figure out how to register to vote (which basically eliminates me). Anyway, I am not encouraging ballot stuffing, but I am not really doing much to discourage it either.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PBF totally sucks this year. I mean, yeah it's nice to see him play around with the format. But the humor is pretty predictable now. So i think you might just pull it off this year!

If Sinfest somehow wins though.... well then we all lose.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home